More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Advanced Style: Fashion Flashback

Carole's Grandmother, do you notice the resemblance?
I have posted pictures of my friend Carole here a few times already, but the other day I was lucky enough to visit her spectacular apartment. I will post more photos and story soon. She has lived in New York and abroad, as an artist and teacher, sharing her passion for life,beauty, art. Here is a preview of our lunch date together, including some fashion flashbacks from her scrapbook.

She also makes incredible Hand knit Cashmere Scarves, of which I own two. Email me at Advancedstyleinfo@gmail.com if you'd like more info about these wonderful handmade works of art.

12 comments:

blukats said...

Those scarves are beautiful!

You have a really great blog here. I enjoy each post. It's so nice to see everyone is fashionable, not just the young. Thank you for sharing this!

Beach Vintage said...

Cant wait to see more of this apartment. How fabulous.

r l n ! said...

The sweaters are indeed works of art...how wonderful that you could display it on your person and not on a wall, where it will just get dusty and untouchable...i'm all for wearable art, as i also wear my art on my person, whether tshirts or sarongs...

Figure5InGold said...

Have always loved your photos of Carole. Such clear vision in her style. Today's post lend further insight. Her apartment, her scarves, her stunning outfit in the picture just above, all wonderful! Thank you.

The atipyc coolhunter said...

i love your blog
please visit my spanish blog
http://theposimpossible.blogspot.com/

Mim said...

Thank you for showing us Carole in unusual bronzy colors.

The Village Idiot said...

Those photos are soo neat!
I love this blog!

Le 21ème said...

Love her olive silk top!

- http://21Arrondissement.com

Vanny said...

GREAT BLOG!!!!
(www.schlagsahneoderschokososse.blogspot.com)

barbara said...

What a beautiful home with colors and memories and personal history.
What an interesting person.
Incredible, your talent for finding those people.
Like a truffle dog.

Patty Skypants said...

I'm intrigued by the wall behind her in the shot where she is wearing the lovely silk blouson. It appears they are interpretations of frocks. Am I correct? xxoo Patty

denwer said...

This blog have great content and really possible to get helpful information.

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...